- ameliepoutine likes this
- totoreborn reblogged this from killerkier
- imgod reblogged this from d0rsia
- totoreborn likes this
- creativehypocrisy likes this
- acid-marine reblogged this from liymenello and added:
- derpella reblogged this from zwolfenstein
- deathlymoongoddess reblogged this from indecisivethinkingalien
- spastichyena reblogged this from justinancheta
- adore47 reblogged this from make-it-a-legacy
- roseoptics reblogged this from andrew-garfield
- strangelyoutofplace reblogged this from the-heir-of-hadrian-and-antinous
- itsxviviann likes this
- zylanalvarez likes this
- whats-that-jacket-margiela reblogged this from detectivealchemist
- whats-that-jacket-margiela likes this
- fadingfromyourmind likes this
- thebumofthebread reblogged this from standing--alone
- thebumofthebread likes this
- kingofcirclelenses likes this
- pan-chow likes this
- pan-chow reblogged this from lohanthony
- derricknguyen likes this
- thevanillalife101 likes this
- endlessladder reblogged this from siqhing
- td0gg reblogged this from suppsamanthaa and added:
- twentyfourapril reblogged this from ironicbonds
- twentyfourapril likes this
- inxxhale reblogged this from howcaniconnect-toyou
- inxxhale likes this
- oneflamingo reblogged this from iclemyerandi
- ohgawdkate likes this
- mattcorley likes this
- riceandbeanburrito reblogged this from justinancheta
- abesodyssey likes this
- xjolielaide likes this
- thoth420 reblogged this from stoned-steel and added:
- juicygalore likes this
- ocha-and-chocolate reblogged this from dani-in-the-tardis
- ocha-and-chocolate likes this
- loveontheninthcloud reblogged this from royalhaylor
- ohshiitjulia reblogged this from bodypillowsandneckpillows
- bnard-b-nerproduction likes this
- thetruestbitch likes this
- granttwilliams likes this
- captainbehlendorf likes this
- victorsorausrex reblogged this from heyyalma
- spikedupleo likes this
- nebobulated reblogged this from the-angel-and-the-hunter and added:
Originally posted by: brightlybrightly
Dowling Duncan and redesigning the American Dollar:
Why the size?
We have kept the width the same as the existing dollars. However we have changed the size of the note so that the one dollar is shorter and the 100 dollar is the longest. When stacked on top of each other it is easy to see how much money you have. It also makes it easier for the visually impaired to distinguish between notes.
Why a vertical format?
When we researched how notes are used we realized people tend to handle and deal with money vertically rather than horizontally. You tend to hold a wallet or purse vertically when searching for notes. The majority of people hand over notes vertically when making purchases. All machines accept notes vertically. Therefore a vertical note makes more sense.
Why different colors?
It’s one of the strongest ways graphically to distinguish one note from another.
Why these designs?
We wanted a concept behind the imagery so that the image directly relates to the value of each note. We also wanted the notes to be educational, not only for those living in America but visitors as well. Each note uses a black and white image depicting a particular aspect of American history and culture. They are then overprinted with informational graphics or a pattern relating to that particular image.
$1 – The first African American president
$5 – The five biggest native American tribes
$10 – The bill of rights, the first 10 amendments to the US Constitution
$20 – 20th Century America
$50 – The 50 States of America
$100 – The first 100 days of President Franklin Roosevelt. During this time he led the congress to pass more important legislations than most presidents pass in their entire term. This helped fight the economic crises at the time of the great depression. Ever since, every new president has been judged on how well they have done during the first 100 days of their term.
Whoa, love this!
(Source: brightlybrightly)--- 9 months ago --- 73,566 notes ---